Steve Adams, MCS, COC, CPC, CPMA, CRC, CPC-I, CEMC, FCS, PCS, COA
Apr 28, 2022
Common Coding Errors with the new CMS Guidelines
In this 1.5-hour presentation, I cover the most common errors I find when conducting chart reviews. You'll see what I see and how to correct them to maintain compliance.
Upon completion of this talk, we will discuss:
1. The updated data counting system for EM codes.
2. The proper coding rules for billing time in the outpatient and facility setting.
3. The new shared visit rules in the facility setting and modified FS.
4. Annual Well Visits and Welcome to Medicare has new requirement.
5. Documenting those HH certs and recerts, TCM, Tobacco, and others correctly - many still miss key elements.
6. It's never too late to find out how to use telehealth to your advantage during COVID.